Democracy Digest Volume 70: Is Wal-Mart Good for America?
The UCLA Conference on Wal-Martization
Ackerman Grand Ballroom, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 6/4/05.
Total Running Time: 6 hours, 10 minutes.
(When ordering, ask for "DD70")
1) Welcome & Overview, with Kent Wong, Goetz Wolff, & Alissa Anderson-Garcia; :15.
2) Morning Panel, with Gloria Romero, Terese Bouey, Paul Meinema, Charles Goff, Flora Guerrero, Billy Hung, & Richard Alarcon; :90.
3) Wal-Mart: Sprawl, Development, & the Environment, with Henry Lo, Tim Frank, Tracy Gray-Barkan, Josh Kennedy, John Tran, Kate O'Hara, Margo Feinberg, and Robert Rodino; :51.
4) Debate: "Is Wal-Mart Good For America?", with Luis Torres, Glen Whitman, Ted Balaker, Nelson Lichtenstein, & Jonathan Tasini; :64.
5) Organize Wal-Mart: Strategies for Change, with John Grant, Paul Meinema, Shaun Barclay, Dave Sickler, & Paul Blank; :84.
6) Film Trailer for "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price" by Robert Greenwald; with Jim Gilliam; :07.
7) Shifting Political Terrain, Building a Long Term Coalition, with Tim Franklin, Jonathan Tasini, Dolores Huerta, Terese Bouey, Flora Guerrero, & Dave Sickler; :59.